Role: Business Transformation & Controls Specialist
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Negotiable & Bonus Scheme
Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
We have a new opportunity available for a Business Transformation & Controls Specialist! This specialist role will be responsible for reviewing business processes, financial systems, data, and technology management within the business. Based on a strong understanding of the commercial and risk environment in which the business operates, they will provide assurance that processes and controls are operating successfully and work with management to develop innovative and effective solutions to resolve problems or control gaps.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Obtaining substantial knowledge of processes and internal controls in a range of areas including finance, HR and payroll and shared services
- Working with business functional teams, Group Internal audit and external advisors to ensure relevant process and controls are designed, implemented and operating effectively
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the development of clear and consistent documentation of key process metrics and controls
- Evaluating existing processes and controls by gaining an understanding of the control environment
- Advising on improving business processes, including the identifying opportunities for control improvements, and driving solutions for remediating of any control failures, issues or gaps.
- Designing control testing standards and approach
- Embedding a process control and improvement culture through mentoring and training of management and functional teams including demonstrating control operation and validation to process and control owners
- Designing testing standardisation
- Reviewing and maintaining Risk & Control Matrices (RACMs)
- Act as a point of contact for process and control expertise
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
Do I have what it takes?
- Experience as a business analyst on large and complex projects
- Strong skills in process mapping and business process reengineering
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to analyse business processes and workflows
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience of financial control frameworks
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Team Management
What’s in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Discounts
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Bonus Schemes
- Work Anniversary Awards
- Recognition Rewards
- Free Parking
- Waterside Cafe
- Progression & Career Opportunities
- Learning & Development
- Compassionate Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service
- Join our EG family