Role: Financial Planning & Analysis Data Manager
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Negotiable - dependent on experience
Who are EG Group?
Founded in 2001 by the Issa Family, EG Group is a major convenience retailer who has established partnerships with global brands. The business has an established pedigree of delivering a world class fuel, grocery & merchandise and foodservice offer.
EG Group currently employs in excess of 44,000 colleagues working in more than 6,000 sites across Europe, USA and Australia.
What will my role look like?
We have a new role available for a FP&A Data Manager, in this role you will help drive improvement of the Group FP&A function. Strategically, this will involve changing the way that FP&A operates within the business from a cultural, structural and process perspective. This change will be a significant finance transformation project and will be the cornerstone of the role.
Reporting into the Head of Group FP&A, this role will ensure data accuracy, structure and availability to support reporting, analysis and planning. Ensuring models and processes are robust and continually reviewed for improvement, including working with Group IT to develop optimal technology solutions and tools to improve access to data and timely business decision support.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Support the Group budget process including consolidation process and analysis.
- Create, update, and maintain financial models, long term forecasts and scenario planning to support strategic decision making
- Support implementation of fit for purpose forecasting and reforecasting processes, systems and controls (alongside group IT and Treasury (Cashflow Forecast)) including interim "quick win" solutions
- Work with Commercial Teams to develop standardised weekly and monthly business performance management reporting, incorporating financial and operational metrics, insights, risks and opportunities
- Support in the development and preparation of Board reporting
- Sourcing and analysis of published competitor performance data
- Ad hoc analysis to support investments, M&A and capital raising projects as assigned
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with the Group finance team, Group IT / BI teams, international FP&A teams and divisional finance teams so as to support relevant information sharing and consistent good practice
- Continually review published FP&A best practice to support the evolution of EG FP&A
- Professional Accounting Qualification or QBE, several years industry experience is essential
- Strong business acumen with broad experience across the finance function
- Prior experience in FP&A, an understanding of data structure and best practice is essential
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to multitask, and meet deadlines on a timely basis
- Self-starter with a continual improvement attitude
- Creativity, flexibility and an entrepreneurial mindset to the solution of business issues
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Office skills, Advanced Excel is essential. BI Tool, OLAP and SAP Experience are desirable
What’s in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it’s our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Discounts
- Competitive Annual Leave
- Free Parking
- Waterside Café
- Work Anniversary Awards
- Recognition Rewards
- Progression & Career Opportunities
- Learning & Development
- Compassionate Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service
- Join our EG family