As Maintenance Manager, you will ensure the buildings and grounds are kept safe and attractive, in a cost-effective way.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of site management including security, cleanliness, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor repairs, advising the Principal/School Business Manager on suggested improvements to the general school environment, and to implement pre-planned maintenance programmes.
This is a pivotal role that will see you managing the site and facilities at the school, promoting the provision of high standards of teaching and learning.
You will head up Health and Safety, ensuring the estate is safe and compliant with statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
You will also manage the upkeep, maintenance and security of the site and lead on matters such as contract maintenance, lettings and first aid training.
• Maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all school buildings, plant and equipment, and accommodation, including staff accommodation.
• General repairs and minor alterations across the School, including maintenance of the schools fixtures and fittings.
• To be aware of the contents of the Workshop Safety Manual.
• Prepare and monitor a schedule of routine works and maintenance programme, including implementing a job log system for recording requests for repairs.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in a hands-on maintenance role.
• Multi-disciplined with a bias in mechanical and/or electrical/gas background
• Excellent communication skills and ease in dealing with staff, customers and external suppliers. • H&S training and/or qualifications desirable.
• Experience of working at a Site / Facilities Management level
• A thorough understanding of health and safety regulations/ requirements, premises management and relevant regulatory responsibilities