Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (Food sector)
Location: Near Maidstone
Duration: 13-14 month Maternity contract
Salary: £50k (Or £40k for 4 days a week)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
Benefits: The option to work from home 1-2 days a week
20 days holiday plus 8 bank holiday
3 x salary death in service
Standard pension Salary sacrifice scheme Employee - 5%, Employer - 4%
Employee Assistance Programme
Key responsibilities within your new role would be to:
- Duty Holder for Health & Safety Compliance across the site, responsible for the development, maintenance, implementation, review and reporting of the Safety Management System.
- Spend time engaging with teams across the business, especially in operational areas, understand their roles and the pressures they area under and work with them to improve the awareness of Health and Safety and how they can use it to improve their working environment and day to day roles.
- In conjunction with the training team, support the design and delivery of a comprehensive programme of safety training, tailored for the needs of each job role within the business.
- Communicate information on safety matters throughout the business and in conjunction with the safety committee implement programmes to promote a positive safety culture within the Company.
- Provide specialist safety advice to management on and control of health, safety and welfare matters and on the development of working practices that comply with relevant legislation
- To contribute to the development of H&S strategy, risk plans and the delivery of policies and practices to support them actively contributing to the health, safety and environment targets and safety awareness
- To provide specialist support and advice in the investigation of incidents and to coach operational managers on incident reporting if required to ensure consistency is achieved.
- To develop and carry out regular site safety audits in line with HSE guidelines, BRC requirements and Company policy to demonstrate levels of compliance and create improvement actions as necessary
- To ensure accurate and relevant KPIs on performance levels are produced and shared with Management team, statutory authorities and customers as appropriate
- To support with external audits as required and coordinate/ follow-up action points arising from external audits and internal inspections
- To liaise with representatives of the relevant official bodies and third party organisations where required.
Experience and skills required for this position:
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Experience of H&S within a food production/manufacturing environment is essential
- Excellent IT Skills
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today. Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant) will call you within 48 hours to discuss the position in further detail with you if you match the requirements for the job. We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.