As a Transactional Manager you will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the accounts payable and receivable functions to ensure the accurate and timely processing of invoices, payments and cash collection.
My client is a well-known, global business based in the heart of Lancashire. Due to growth, they require an ambitious Transactional Manager to join them.
- Manage the transactional processing team of purchase ledger clerks and cashier, maximising team capacity through efficient distribution of workload.
- Develop a full understanding of all aspects of purchase ledger and sales ledger.
- Understand and manage the debit note process and associated accounting and reconciliations
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Responding to day to day queries from suppliers
- Reviewing and initial authorisation of weekly payment runs
- Processing payments to suppliers through the bank, and allocation of cash received from customers
- Co-ordinate credit control activity, including chasing of debts for a range of customers, and supporting credit control activity carried out in the wider Finance team
- Work with the Financial Accountant to support the completion of key period end reconciliations
- Work with the Financial Accountant to support the production of weekly cashflow forecasts
- Continuously seek out process improvements.
- Several years of previous experience in purchase/sales ledger and credit control environments at a supervisory or management level
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
The successful candidate will receive a salary up to £40k DOE with an excellent benefits package.