Murray Mcintosh are searching for a Project Engineer to work for a client of ours as detailed below:
You will be required to manage the worldwide delivery of complex assembly and test machine design and build projects from concept to site installation using a structured and auditable process.
You will be expected to have a holistic view of the whole project coordinating teams of electrical, mechanical, software, engineers, assembly teams and subcontractors facilitating communication across departments and stakeholders.
- Lead & drive projects from project definition up to commissioning, ensuring it remains on-track, on-scope and to-budget, with all milestones met.
- Use and develop company Project Management process - requirements definition, specification setting, project planning, design reviews and testing.
- Be able to interact across all business functions and be involved in all project phases including Sales, Design, Purchasing, Build, Integration, Validation, Shipping and Commissioning.
- Oversee procurement of project materials, hardware, parts and services according to project requirements and budget.
- Compile reports to stakeholders demonstrating progress status, issues, future activities and potential risks.
Skills & experience:
- Candidiates working towards or with ambition to undertake CEng in either mechanical, electrical or software is preferred.
- Hold a degree/higher degree in a relevant technical discipline and/or a professional qualification.
- A high level of commercial awareness and knowledge on contract matters.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- A collaborative team player, able to develop excellent relationships with all stakeholders and team including clients, engineers, installers, and contractors.
A background previously working in the automation, machinery, SPM or automotive industries would be desirable.
Location - Letchworth
Rate - £27 - 35 (contract)
Duration - 6 month contract?
Start - ASAP