Distribution Operations Manager
C £60,000 p.a. DOE
- Do you want a role where you can show your out-of-the-box techniques to make improvements and efficiencies to help develop the business?
- Are you looking to lead and motivate a young and vibrant team across several departments, including warehouse and customer service?
- Are you looking for a company who supports and invests in their staff, and gives them the opportunity to take on responsibility to progress to a high level?
ER Recruitment are excited to be working with our client who are a rapidly growing and exciting company based on the outskirts of Leicester Central. They are now looking for a Distribution Operations Manager for their brand new role due to their expansion!
The successful candidate will have experience in a very fast-paced D2C Warehouse environment that really prioritises Customer Service. They will also work closely with their Operations Director on the management of several departments to create improvements from the ground up that will achieve maximum impact and output.
This position has great career prospects and the opportunity to progress to a Director role within the company for the right candidate.
Role & Responsibilities of the Distribution Operations Manager:
- Effectively plan and utilise resources in each department (covering warehouse, distribution, customer services and all other operations) with the aim of running an efficient, cost-effective operation.
- Monitor and control KPIs to achieve business, financial and service targets
- Train and motivate your team, identifying and nurturing strengths as well as identifying areas for development
- Oversee the operational processes for the business to ensure that they are as efficient and growth ready as possible
- To ensure the direct labour resource is utilised to maximum productivity and P&L and will take full ownership throughout the work with the Operations Director.
- Production of operational reports to support performance management and aid continuous improvement
- Support the Operations Director with the rollout of new operational systems, processes and procedures
- Manage projects of varying sizes
- Build excellent working relationships with wider internal teams
- To ensure the direct labour resource is compliant with SLAs and KPIs
- Responsibility for assurance across Quality and Health & Safety standards
About You as the Distribution Operations Manager:
- You must have operational experience within an SME or new site set up in a larger organisation.
- A proven track record of managing multiple departments, particularly a customer service team alongside a distribution centre.
- Proven experience in successful improvement projects including systems, processes and procedures.
- A level-headed person in stressful or problematic situations and who enjoys solving problems
- Commercial acumen with the ability to understand and act upon various performance and financial data.
- A contagious high energy with an eagerness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A love for detail and being involved.
- A passion to learn more and constantly improve yourself
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.
While we aim to get back to all applicants, due to the current situation, if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
ER Recruitment are experienced within eight different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Customer Service & Onsite, Directors & Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.