An opportunity has become available in Leicester for a Warehouse Supervisor (Nights) to support a small team. The position will involve monitoring the picking and loading of company vehicles encouraging a ‘right first time’ service.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure maximum efficiency is obtained
• Monitor team performance to ensure company targets and objectives are achieved via KPI’s
• Create and implement processes to support the importance of a right-first-time standard
• Evaluate and facilitate staff training requirements
• Oversee day to day picking and loading of all our vehicles promoting a strong team ethos
• Carry out staff management procedures in line with HR guidelines, including annual appraisals and regular PPP’s
• Hold and attend regular meetings with Logistics Manager & Branch Managers
• Monitor stock movements and pick deviations and report to Inventory Control
• Monitor, check and sign off work, encouraging right first-time policy
• Communicate effectively with Transport department to help improve processes
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
• Valid Reach and Counterbalance FLT license is an essential requirement
• Previous experience of working in a supervisory role within a logistics/warehouse environment is essential, as well as experience of working with KPIs
• Good communication skills and attention to detail
• Hard working and strive for 100% excellence
About Oadby Plastics Ltd:
Oadby Plastics Ltd are the ‘UK’s leading independent plastics supplier’ with 50 years of experience in the manufacturing and distribution industry. Our business isn’t simply about product; it’s about people. Even though we are part of a larger Group, our family values allow us to remain focused on growth and the ambitions of our employees by supporting progressive career paths.
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Sunday to Thursday - 5:00pm - 1:00am
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Benefits: 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) rising with length of service, company pension, company bonus scheme, free car parking, full induction programme, training and development opportunities.
Please submit your CV without delay to avoid disappointment; we may close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of completed applications.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Operative, Logistics Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Distribution Team Leader, Depot Supervisor, Distribution Supervisor, Depot Team Leader, etc.
Ref: 102 213