A rare opportunity for a senior Business Development Manager to play a major part in contributing to the continued success of a global producer of sustainable, distributed energy helping the world transition from traditional energy sources to de-carbonised solutions
BASIC SALARY: £70,000 - £80,000
· Group, Company Bonus up to 10% paid annually.
· Car Allowance - commensurate with a senior role.
· Non - Contributory Pension with 8% of salary from company.
· BUPA - after 3 month probation qualifying period, employee can pay for extra family members to be added.
· Life Assurance x 3 salary.
· Medicash Scheme.
· 26 Days Holiday plus stats.
LOCATION: South Midlands
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, North London, West London, Middlesex, Essex, Berkshire.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager - Renewable Energy, Renewable Power.
· Although the company continues to be very successful, it is known that landfill gas volumes are will decline in the future, hence the need for this Business Development Manager to generate new opportunities to help my client achieve their consolidation and ambitious expansion plans in the UK.
· The UK is a leading economy in global de-carbonisation and so this role will play a part in influencing my client's global strategy, as well as shaping the UK / European strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Development Manager - Renewable Energy, Renewable Power.
· Reporting to the UK General Manager, you will be responsible for initial market research, identifying, evaluating and developing new business opportunities for my client's UK / Europe business, including gaining and maintaining knowledge of renewable power and renewable gas markets, methane abatement and de-carbonisation technologies including all relevant and proposed government incentive / tariff schemes.
· Developing an understanding of existing and potential competitors in order to identify and promote my client's competitive advantage(s) and consequently to assess opportunities and recommend where they should concentrate and focus their development activities.
· Dealing at senior level with potential customers, partners / 3rd party advisors, investors and site owners.
· Putting together teams to justify opportunities' strategic alignment, viability and to gain support and approval from my client's Executive Leadership Team. This role will then play a leading role in the initial implementation of successful projects.
· Business development opportunities can be existing or greenfield schemes / projects.
· The role will require periodic domestic and international travel.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager- Renewable Energy, Renewable Power.
· To be considered for this interesting and potentially very rewarding role in terms of remuneration and career development you will need an excellent knowledge of the renewable energy market, preferably but not essentially including food/ animal anaerobic digestion waste and carbon mitigation and abatement and associated government initiatives and subsidies
· You will have the ability to research, assess, do risk analysis on, and target new niche applications and consequently opportunities in the sector.
· With excellent strategic and creative thinking but with a high level of attention to detail you will possess very good organisational, project management interpersonal and communication skills.
· You will need to be able to track and manage complex processes from start to finish including bid construction, tendering and auction procedures including acquisitions.
· Comfortable with complex contract negotiation you will also have excellent general administration and management skills.
· Also the ability to pro-actively manage multiple resources to complete a commercial project.
Established for over 30 years, my client is part of a major $50bn+ annual turnover multinational conglomerate with over 270,000 employees worldwide. They own and operate a global portfolio of power stations in Australia, North America and Europe. Their vision is to become the leading global producer of distributed energy, thus playing a key role in the world's transition from traditional energy sources to de-carbonised/ carbon mitigated solutions. With 500 personnel and a circa $450m annual turnover worldwide my client has a very well established and successful UK operation which has developed a number of profitable operating sites which produce renewable electricity from landfill gas.
This role will provide the successful person with a detailed knowledge of the renewable energy sector and UK / global de-carbonisation strategies. A hugely important area for society at large and expected to continue to grow ahead of 2035 and 2050 carbon targets, thus leading to huge opportunities.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Business Development Manage, Commercial Manager, Senior Sales Manager - Renewable Energy, Power Generation
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP16446, Wallace Hind Selection