An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established firm, within the Shipping & Logistics industry as a Freight Forwarder and Office Manager, to be based at offices in South East London.
With aspirations to become a major UK player within the field of Freight Forwarding & Customs Brokerage, the company leverages specialist knowledge and technologies to provide an outstanding quality of service to its customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage office staff
- Timely complete and respond to all customers inquiries surrounding transport solutions.
- Arrange Road, Sea and Air Freight Import& Export Shipments on behalf of customers.
- Accurately input data provided by our customers into specialised software system.
- Request and Negotiate Price quotations from airlines/shipping lines/hauliers informing about the Freight price, terminal charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices, as well as prices for handling the goods.
- Accurately collect required information from clients and liaise with the Customs clearance team to prepare documentation for Imports & Exports and calculate VAT/Duties cost, in compliance with HMRC guidelines.
- Create valid Customs declarations through CHIEF / CDS (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight / Customs Declaration Service).
- Create Transit declarations through NCTS (New Computerised Transit System)
- Monitor customer cargo collections and deliveries.
- Arrange clients Invoicing & Payments.
- Maintain an open communication and develop trusted working relationships with the customs clearance and freight forwarding teams.
- Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during the shipping process.
- Actively promote and develop the full range of freight forwarding services.
- Support the operations team.
To Be Considered:
- Significant experience of working in a freight forwarding environment is essential - Airfreight and/or Sea freight and/or Road freight.
- Experience with documentation services (Certificates of origin, Letters of Credit)
- Leadership quality.
- Understanding of HMRC Tariff, rules of origin, Duty and VAT calculations, Incoterms for a diverse range of product types.
- Extremely organised with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements.
- Previously established network that can be utilised within the company.
- Minimum GCSE Standard in English and Maths (or Equivalent) is essential.