I am working with a school in Bromley who is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be a people person, an excellent communicator, organised, have staff management experience and be a confident user of finance packages and excel. Previous management accounts experience will be an advantage as you will be dealing with monthly reports and budgets.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 36 Hours per week for 41 weeks (term time plus 15 days during school holidays)
- Manage all the financial ledgers, including PS Financials.
- Review/prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute monthly management reports
- Monitor lettings income/expense
- Budgeting :Assist setting the school budget and management/maintenance of the schools budgeting software
- Monitor Payroll ensuring it is in line with budget and investigate any variances.
- To provide efficient and effective financial support service to the school, Head Teacher,the Trust Central Finance Team and the Finance Director.
- Keep abreast of current legislation such as ESFA, DfE requirements and Charity Act requirements, ensure compliance with the requirements and notify the Head Teacher of any changes.
- To ensure that school financial procedures are followed by all staff.
- To maintain the accuracy and validity of the school accounting systems.
- To coordinate/manage the audit visits for both Charities.
- To manage any annual applicable contracts.
- Line Manage the two Finance Officers.