Technical Training Manager in Glasgow
Our client is a large highly successful manufacturing company, and they currently seek an enthusiastic, dynamic and energy driven technical training manager based in either their Stirling or Motherwell factory to support their current training team.
As a Technical Training Manager, you will be part of a team designing and providing training to incumbent employees and new starters to enable them to become effective contributors to the Manufacturing Team in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment.
This will include but is not limited to compliance training (use of Quality Management Systems, managing quality events), training the relevant standard operating procedures on work processes and equipment and HS&E Compliance.
You will also work with the manufacturing teams to deliver technical training to ensure the competency and effectiveness of existing employee and new starters.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Onboarding new hires ensuring suitably trained in the use of equipment, processes and systems as per relevant SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Conduct practical technical training sessions and assessments to ensure that employees demonstrate the competencies required by the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with regulations. Co-ordinate the execution of training programs in consultation with relevant HRBP and functional leader
- Devise and deliver technical training programs according to organisational requirements. This will include:
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
- Determining course content according to objectives
- Preparing training material (presentations, worksheets etc)
- Executing training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Deliver and further develop new starter technical training programs in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Continuously observe and evaluate the effectiveness of training using recognised learning evaluation methodology
- Identify improvements to the training programmes and implement continuous improvement activities
- Promote understanding by providing operators with background knowledge of the methods used in manufacturing
- Design learning and approaches that reflects the different learning style/ preferences of the individual employees to ensure training is effective.
- Work with relevant stakeholder and external suppliers to develop materials and resources (info graphics etc) to support the development of employees to be become fully competent and effective
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure compliance/ mandatory training is delivered in line with best practice
- Ensure that training adheres to relevant ISO standards for medical devices industry
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Functional Leaders/ Line Managers and the HR/ Quality/ HS&E teams and line leaders locally and globally where required
- Ensure that all training activities and delivered in line with business needs, on time and within budget
- Experience working within an automotive, manufacturing or production environment
- Proven experience of delivering technical training in a manufacturing or regulated environment
- Excellent coaching and communication skills including giving effective performance feedback
- Significant knowledge of how to carry out training needs analysis and assess competency
- Experience in designing instructional technical training to appeal to a range of learning styles
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.