JOB – Manufacturing Engineer
LOCATION – Royston
SALARY – £30,000 - £38,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis in the Royston area with experience in the Manufacturing Industry. Your main duties will include assisting to improve and implement new manufacturing processes as well as tackle any issues with quality.
The Manufacturing Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing Degree with time served as an Engineer.
- Previous experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing methods.
- Can communicate with other members of staff and management.
The Manufacturing Engineer role will involve:
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of BOMs.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as team
- Exposure to designing tooling, Jigs and Fixtures - desirable.
- Understanding of Welding, Sheet metal and fabrication processes – advantageous.
- Assisting the other members of the engineering team and reporting to the Management team.
- Liaising with the management team to advise where manufacturing processes can improve efficiency, reduce waste costs and contribute culture of continuous improvement.
- Carrying out new process implementations.
- Help establish tooling for manufacturing processes.
- Advise on most efficient routings through manufacture.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.