We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housing & Support officer. In this post you will be looking after a patch that covers Reading, Bracknell Forest and Farnham with a total patch size of around 120 properties.
This role combines the provision of comprehensive housing and tenancy management services, as well as the additional support and supervision which our customers may need to help them sustain their housing and achieve their personal independent living goals. You will have the opportunity to work closely with your customers, their Care & Support staff (who provide personal care and support) and many other agencies. These roles are perfect for people with housing management experience who are looking for the opportunity to provide more intensive, personalised housing support services.
No experience of working in supported housing required if you have general needs housing management experience and can demonstrate a desire and aptitude for helping our customer group to maintain independence, then please apply.
* Car driver – full clean licence and use of own car for work
* Able to carry out property visits across the designated area
* This post requires an enhanced DBS check (done by company)
Benefits you will receive with this role
* Support and Leadership
* Training and development opportunities
* Company healthcare scheme
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Contributory pension
* 0.45p per mile
What you’ll do
* To work as part of a team providing housing management and tenancy sustainment support services to Ability’s client group, which includes customers with learning disabilities, mental health needs and / or physical and sensory impairments.
* To provide comprehensive housing and tenancy management services including the management of rent and service charge payments and arrears; voids and lettings; tenancy management and enforcement, including nuisance and anti-social behaviour; estate / scheme inspections, property maintenance and health and safety issues.
* To provide care, support and supervision to customers to help them maintain their housing and achieve their personal independent living goals.
Experience and Qualifications you will need
* Experience in providing general needs housing / tenancy management services within an organisation that provides social housing
* Has worked un a supported housing environment
* 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above including English and Maths, or equivalent.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team, developing good working relationships with colleagues and external service providers
* Can effectively manage a busy and varied workload, prioritise between conflicting demands and be able to meet deadlines
* Experience of making court applications relating to tenancy breaches, including but not limited to injunctions for access, and possession applications.
* Be proficient in using Microsoft office applications, including Word. Excel and Outlook
Location – Patch 5, Bracknell Forest, Reading and Farnham
Hours – 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)