Are you passionate about inspiring children and young people to connect with and take action for nature?
Education, Families & Youth Manager (Full-Time)
Reference: NOV(phone number removed)
Location: RSPB Cymru HQ, Cardiff
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
We are looking for an Education, Families & Youth Manager, who will oversee RSPB Cymru’s current and future work with children and young people in Wales. This will include working directly with young people, as well as through schools and partners, and also managing and supporting volunteers. Working as part of a small team you will need to be organised, adaptable and have strengths in communicating and building relationships to achieve the following:
* Develop and deliver nature connection activities with primary and secondary schools as part of the Giving Nature a Home in Cardiff project, and pilot a Continued Professional Development offer for teachers. This will involve regular travel to Cardiff schools to run outreach sessions until September 2022.
* Manage, mentor and lead the part time Education, Families & Youth Officer and Volunteers as appropriate to enable efficient and effective delivery of their work programme.
* Contribute to the strategic planning and development of education, youth and family related initiatives to inspire audiences to connect and take action for nature.
* Seek out, develop and maintain partnerships that enable RSPB Cymru to achieve its ambitions to save nature with and through children and young people in Wales.
* As a Safeguarding Adviser, act as the first point of contact for staff seeking support and advice around the implementation of RSPB’s safeguarding policy in their work.
What are we looking for?
* Ability to lead, inspire and develop people, including influencing others to bring about change.
* Knowledge of safeguarding / child protection.
* Knowledge of the formal education sector and / or the new curriculum for Wales.
* Knowledge and experience of best practice in working with children and young people.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to a variety of audiences.
* Demonstrable track record of having successfully and effectively developed and delivered any or all of the following: education / outdoor learning / youth / family initiatives.
* Ability to build and manage effective and productive relationships, both internally and externally.
* Ability to empower and motivate staff and volunteers to deliver objectives, often without direct line management.
* Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills to manage a diverse workload.
* Ability to speak Welsh to a level 4 or 5 suitable for a classroom environment.
*The role will initially have commitments to deliver as part of an existing project, based in Cardiff, 1-2 days per week, so they will ideally be looking for someone who can travel.
Closing date: 23:59, 19 December 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website to complete the application process.
The RSPB are committed to better-reflecting society within our workforce and are keen to encourage more applications from people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities and younger people who are currently underrepresented as RSPB employees. All applications will be judged on solely on merit.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require a DBS check.
No agencies please