Masonite in the UK is a true door category leader combining the experience and craft of four leading door manufacturing brands, Premdor, Solidor, Door-Stop International and National Hickman Industries. Offering comprehensive and compelling product portfolios that provide the perfect door solution for every opening, from creating beautiful homes to defining world-class commercial spaces and everything in between.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor. In this role you will ensure the production targets are met on time and in accordance with agreed company standards and policies by the efficient and cost-effective control of all production operations and resources.
This role currently works a two shift rotating pattern, days & afters (6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm), but would work a three shift pattern in future, days, nights & afters (6am-2pm, 10pm-6am and 2pm-10pm).
In this role you will have around 15 direct reports.
Our Production Supervisor perks and benefits are:
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days holiday plus 3 days Christmas shutdown
* Salary sacrifice pension scheme
* Free onsite parking
* Healthcare cash plan
Production Supervisor Overview
In this role Key Responsibilities are as follows:
* Ensure the Health, Safety & Welfare of yourself and our employees is maintained by following all company policies relating to H&S including the correct use of PPE
* Ensure compliance to all Quality Assurance Processes within your area and administer appropriate Quality training to relevant individuals
* Manage production in accordance with the planned schedule of works whilst ensuring throughputs and waste are kept within agreed targets with full and detailed reports highlighting any variances
* Schedule and control production to meet deadline delivery dates and minimise downtime ensuring escalation of issues in a timely manner following the correct process.
* Ensuring accurate data capture of overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and waste information including root causes of any issues affecting your areas.
* Effectively manage your team to ensure highest levels of attendance, attitude, motivation, and skills.
* Operate within and support the Company culture relating to the management and development of all employees to maximise their individual contributions and utilisation of their skills.
* To be a pro-active member of the management team, working as part of that team maintaining company standards and influencing policy within the area of responsibility.
* Communicate all relevant information to all members of the shift on a regular basis for them to carry out their tasks and job duties. This includes liaising with other shifts and departments.
* Utilise key polices such as Discipline &Grievance, Performance Management and Attendance Management to address any issues and provide within your shift and seek HR support and advise where necessary.
* Monitor housekeeping, refreshment breaks and the crewing up of your area of responsibility and ensure safety checks / cleaning schedules and operator maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with the schedule.
* Assess the skills needed for your shift, decide on any training requirements, and arrange the appropriate training. Ensuring all training is documented in line with company procedure.
* Oversee and review all the process control sheets in your area. Conduct Process audits as per the plan frequency and complete corrective actions where required.
* Ensure completion on time in full of the Critical to Quality/ process control sheets in your area. Ensure CTQ checks are completed in accordance with company procedures.
* Driving improvement in plant efficiencies, which include plant throughputs and waste reduction and Quality improvement initiatives.
* Carry out risk assessments and accident investigations in line with Company Policy.
* Previous experience as a production manager, shift manager or production supervisor leading and motivating a manufacturing / production team.
* Proven track record of dealing with complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
* Leadership qualification level 4 or above is desirable but not essential.
* Lean knowledge and experience including qualifications such as yellow belt or green belt are desirable but not essential.
At Masonite, we believe a door is more than just a door; and we also know that the employees who build our doors are more than just employees, they work in environments that promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, adaptability and integrity based on a strong commitment to our vision.
In 1924, William Mason did not change the industry when he created Masonite, he created a new one, one that transformed waste into worth and materials into what matters. That revolution is part of Masonite, it is how we are changing the way people think about doors and making everyone see that doors are not about keeping people out, they are about letting people in. At Masonite, we keep our doors open to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. We break down barriers and we help people walk through walls