Recra are working in partnership with a well established company specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of Workshop and In-Vehicle Equipment. We're looking for a Scheduling Coordinator who will be responsible for ensuring that all required production related sub-contractor work is booked, scheduled, and carried out in line with the customers’ requirements and within the agree time scales.
· Check the in-house system (SAP) to find out what sub-contractor requirements each order has, if any.
· Check the production space availability prior to booking the sub-contractor.
· Book the sub-contractor; taking into account the build program.
· Conduct health and safety inductions for any new sub-contractors – (training will be provided).
· Ensure that all subcontractors provide the relevant insurance, training, and health and safety documentation prior to coming on site.
· Create the sub-contractor list and email it to the gatehouse, ensuring that any changes are communicated at the earliest opportunity.
· Collate the subcontractor work sign off sheets and update the In-house system, the status report and schedule to ensure that completed work is recorded in a timely fashion.
· Communicate any short falls to the scheduling supervisor and relevant sales person as soon as they arise.
· Feedback sub-contractor performance on a regular basis to the scheduling supervisor.
The successful Production Coordinator will:
· Ideally have a minimum of 2 years scheduling/ planning experience ideally within in a transport, manufacturing or engineering environment
· Be highly organised and have the ability to deal with a lot of information at one time
· Have strong computer skills including Microsoft excel, word and email
· Be required to communicate face to face and by telephone with the company’s sub-contractors, production and sales teams therefore, they must be a confident communicator
· Be resilient and be able to adapt to changing priorities
· Be proactive in building their own knowledge with regards to the type of work conducted by subcontractors.
· Be committed to continuous process improvement.
The hours of work are 37 per week, Monday-Thursday 08:00-16.00 and Friday 08:00-15:30.
Please contact Recra on (phone number removed)