To provide effective training (via induction and ‘on the job training’) for hourly paid employees, as well as a comprehensive co-ordination service to the manufacturing areas and training department to meet business, departmental and individual needs.
Induction and Training
To induct, train and support all new employees within their first 12 weeks of employment.
To liaise effectively with the HR Specialist Advisor and Shift Managers to identify the training needs of employees.
To actively promote best practice in accordance with Company rules, regulations and procedures.
To actively contribute to the effective and efficient recording of training for hourly paid staff.
To provide administrative support for the training department and shift managers.
To effectively communicate with trainees, line managers and the Human Resources department to ensure training needs are fully recognised and realised.
To complete and update training documents in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Responsible for the correct completion of training documentation (including training schedules and matrices) and transference of information to ensure records are accurate and up to date.
Ensuring training acknowledgement forms are correctly completed and signed off by trainer and trainees and passed to the HR Function for storing onto personnel files.
Ensure all training documents are present on personnel files in relation to employee CV
Responsibility for Information
Ensure information is relevant and up to date at all times.
To ensure all training material is stored and in order and is easily accessible for all audits.
Access to selected product standards and specifications which are considered business confidential information.
Access to staff / employee data which should be handled in line with Data Protection regulations
To assist the site in promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement and to actively participate in any programmes or initiatives to improve performance.
Attend training and other personal development activities, deemed appropriate, provided by the Company from time to time.
Company Policies and Legislation:
Ensure full compliance with all Company and Group Policies and Procedures as well as legal requirements with regard to health & safety, environment, food safety & hygiene and employment law.
Maintain the highest quality standards at all times, ensuring good housekeeping and that all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
Cross Functional Working
Assist the business to ensure effective communication and cross-functional working. This includes regular interface with all departments at the site.
* Ensuring that all employees are on the correct shift pattern.
* Where necessary make adjustments for break allowances.
* Investigate clocking irregularities.
* Ensuring break rules are adhered to.
* Query excess hours & absences.
* Raising anomalies or breaches of site rules with site management as they occur.
* Provision of regular communication to group payroll to ensure any issues or anomalies are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
* Provision of daily and weekly excel spreadsheet / management reports:
* Daily Attendance Report (Daily Clocking & Daily Figures).
* Weekly Attendance Report
* Payroll A & Payroll B Report
* Direct Labour Report
* Absence Reports
* Plus any Agency Timesheets (Weekly document sent by the agency, when utilised)
Ensuring new employees/staff are included in spreadsheet that is submitted to payroll.
Distribution of the Agency timesheet that is received on a weekly basis.
Ensure that the correct protective clothing is worn whilst handling ingredients and whilst within the manufacturing areas.
Perform other functions that may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education Level (i.e. Degree, Prof. Quals., etc):
Train the Trainer Qualification - desirable
Relevant level of education - min. GCSE level
Auditing Skills – or willingness to train in these
Years Experience (i.e. Relevant experience, Industry Experience, Management level experience, etc)
· Training preparation and delivery
· Data input experience
· Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes and equipment
· Good understanding of departmental and company objectives.
· Experience of working on factory floor, reviewing Job Detail Sheets
· Fully proficient in Microsoft packages as well as outlook express
Key Capabilities and Characteristics (Interpersonal skills, specific competencies, specific skills, etc)
The post holder is expected to demonstrate the following to a satisfactory level in order to fulfill the position:
* Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels – with good inter-personal skills.
* Well-developed verbal & written communication skills.
* Literate and numerate
* Auditing skills with high degree of attention to detail.
* Positive and committed attitude.
* Desire to assist the culture of continuous improvement.
* Good record-keeping, organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to use own initiative and manage personal workload.
* Able to multi-task with a flexible approach.
* Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Express).
* Adhere to Company’s Dignity and Health & Safety Policies.
* Ensure high quality standards and hygiene are maintained.
* Respect individual and Company confidentiality rights