Our client is looking for a Technical Assistant for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
This role is positioned within the International Team to support the Exploitation Leadership in the annual budget, life of field and reserves process cycle, and to support the Exploitation engineers in all areas of gathering, maintaining and reporting various datasets and databases and monitoring effectiveness of reservoir management initiatives.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build upon existing knowledge and skills to develop further expertise.
The Technical Assistant will be an active part of companies culture to develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity and have values which are aligned to the Company’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion culture.
The attributes required for this role include; highly motivated, logical, diligent, and meticulous.
* Coordinating input to and reporting from the Corporate Budget database tool; primarily during April and September – October. This will involve developing a high degree of proficiency on the tool; and coordinating closely across the business functions for the accurate input and output of the International Division budget and life of field plan.
* Support the data management and analysis during the annual reserves audit process; principally preparing datasets for auditor, generating comparison tables and plots and accompanying reports
* Coordinating data input to regulator for annual stewardship process
* Updating the OFM production database with new well, production data, working with the exploitation and production engineers to maintain accuracy.
* Assisting the Engineers in setting up and maintaining key reservoir engineering and economic data sets and databases. Maintaining oversight of the departmental electronic folder structure
* Responsible for data entry and verification in various reporting and monitoring tools.
* Updating various daily / weekly / monthly corporate reports
* Seeking opportunities to improve exploitation work processes with regards budget, reserves, stewardship and data management to be more efficient and eradicating inaccuracies
Additional Opportunities for role development:
* Develop knowledge and understanding of reservoir engineering and economic analysis functions
* Assist engineers by compiling data and completing reservoir engineering or economic analysis in Excel based models. Help to maintain reservoir voidage monitoring tools
* Assist engineers to maintain well history and event data sets and reservoir pressure databases
* Patience and persistence
* Positive attitude with enthusiasm to learn
* Ability to collaborate with different teams
* Self-driven to understand the problem and conduct the right analyses; seek help when unexpected issues arise
* Communicate in a straight-forward way; listen to others and incorporate their views and opinions
* Numerate, logical and analytical with attention to detail
* Proficient with Microsoft Office packages and in particular, highly proficient in Excel (preferably to macro and VB level)
* Working knowledge of databases and visualisation tools, such as PowerBI
* Ability to multi-task, work unsupervised and deliver adhoc requests on time.
* Good general education
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Ability to present clearly and confidently
* Flexibility to work extra hours at key times of the year
* A knowledge of OFM beneficial. The candidate would be expected to become a highly proficient user
* Experience with the OASIS and Business Objects production accounting database would be beneficial
* Understanding of the oil and gas industry in particular the role of the Exploitation team
* Experience in a similar position preferred