Managing Director, Flooring & Protective Coatings, Berkshire,
£120k-150k+ Possible MBO
Our client is a £65m turnover manufacturer and distributor of flooring paints, anti-slip preparations and protective coatings. The business has been acquired by an international private equity investor and now requires a new Managing Director to take the business forward. The business is profitable and has the opportunity to move into international markets to further expand sales and profitability.
We seek an experienced Managing Director to join the business to take profit and loss control of both the future direction and day to day running of the business.
The incoming Managing Director will benefit from a ‘handover period’ with the outgoing incumbent, enabling the new appointee to get up to speed quickly and understand the issues facing the business.
The Managing Director should be confident in business development, and will also need to be able to work with product development and product innovation teams to maintain the market relevance of the product portfolio.
The role will report directly to the European-based private equity investor, reporting on business performance whilst also acting as an integral member of the private equity group’s executive management team.
Finally, the Managing Director will need to develop a 3-5 year business plan and strategy for the enterprise, enabling an eventual exit by the private equity investors.
* We ideally seek a dynamic and very driven individual, able to lead a team of around (Apply online only) people with charisma and motivation.
* The Managing Director should be able to show a track record of successful business development within SME-medium sized organisations.
* Experience of working with private equity owners would be an advantage.
* Degree or MBA qualified.
* We are looking for a versatile, highly collaborative leader capable of thinking strategically, working across the business and rallying teams toward a single objective.
* The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering impactful business results in a fast paced, complex environment and leading and coaching diverse teams.
Ashridge Executive Search is representing the client on a confidential basis, acting as an employment agency in respect of this Managing Director vacancy