Role: Buyer (Permanent)
Location: Preston (PR2 5PE)
Salary: £Competitve (Negotiable)
* Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
* Contribution Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Private medical Insurance
* And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
About The Role
Our client is looking to strengthen their Procurement team with a Buyer for our Advance Plus Framework. They are part of the advance-plus joint venture that will deliver a range of construction schemes to maintain and improve United Utilities water supply and wastewater treatment works within the North West region.
The Joint Venture has been set up specifically to execute the 5-year (2020 – 2025) AMP7 capital delivery framework. We will be delivering a programme of works up to £500m over the 5-year period consisting of both heavy civil engineering and mechanical and electrical activities.
Based at the Preston office you will be responsible to provide procurement and supply chain activities in line with company and client policies and procedures.
You will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Efficient & effective day to day management of supply chain in support of Site requirements for goods and services.
* Development and execution of category strategy and supplier development plans.
* Embed and utilise the well-established, procurement Frameworks & Subcontracts to providing end to end Supply Chain advice, sourcing, supply assurance, delivery, supply chain management and tasking against requirements.
* Collaboratively develop/prepare and issue tender packages with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans.
* Take ownership for the negotiation of commercial terms, conditions and levels of service (inc KPI’s) with suppliers.
* Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance value, systems, process, and best practice sharing to help MWHT achieve best in class performance and bring consistency to sourcing activities
* Take ownership/maintain and enhance IFS database and other software and processes. Develop in-depth knowledge of IFS and work towards becoming the Procurement owner and champion for the system.
* Establish and develop excellent working relationship with the Client; Customers; Suppliers, internal functions and other relevant external bodies.
About The Candidate:
* Confident in communicating, influencing and building relationships with cross-functional colleagues, suppliers and business stakeholders.
* Be a self-starter and be able to represent the procurement function.
* Commercially astute
* Networking and business influence
* To always carry out your Purchasing duties in-line with the CIPS Ethical Policy
* Microsoft suite of products proven track record
* Develop and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholders