Quantity Surveyor paying up to £55k + Car allowance
* To be responsible for managing all costs relating to building engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures, in order to minimise costs and enhance value for money, while ensuring the required standards and quality are maintained.
* You will have an awareness of the commercial market with the ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
* To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of major projects in accordance with SPIE procedures
* To assist in establishing clients’ requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
* To prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
* To eliminate commercial risks in tenders during contract negotiations
* To liaise with clients’ surveyors on financial matters in order to provide an accurate forecast of final accounts
* To maintain sub-contractor accounts and advising the project team with up to date financial information
* To provide assistance and advice to the commercial team on all contractual, financial and commercial activities on specified projects
* To ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation
* To liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment without undue penalty
* To maintain sub-contractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to the Commercial team on all significant debtors
* To maintain costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
* To review the sales ledger ensure accurate posting of the transactions.
* To perform risk and value management and cost control
* To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
* Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
* To manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
* Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting
* To assist the operational teams with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
To maintain sub-contractor accounts and advising the project team with up to date financial information
* Educated to HND or Degree level in quantity or building surveying or a construction-related subject
* Demonstrable commercial experience.
* Mechanical & Electrical quantity surveying experience in a building services background.
* Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
* Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
* IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
* Ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
* Health and Safety regulations