Acts as an advocate in development of overall information security program globally. Creates and performs global IT Risk and Compliance assessments. Assists in development and execution of information security, compliance, and risk best practices globally through audits, assessments, and policy-making.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates across the organization to execute and mature the Risk Assessment process, including developing all necessary charters, processes, methodologies, and reports.
- Participates in cross-functional workgroups and planning meetings to promote ideal solutions that meet the objectives of both the business and the IT Risk, Compliance, and Information Security team.
- Where ideal solutions cannot be found, identifies and reports enterprise level risks and failures to management for escalation.
- Promotes sharing of expertise through consulting, presentation, and documentation. Assists in training other Information Security, IT Risk, and compliance staff.
- Communicates the value of IT Risk, Compliance, and Information Security within the organization.
- Continuously validates the organization against additional mandates, as developed, to ensure full compliance.
- Promotes sharing of expertise through consulting, presentation, and documentation. Coordinates cross-functionally to ensure a holistic approach to security and compliance across the organization.
- Evaluates, monitors, and ensures compliance with IT Risk and Information Security policies, standards, guidelines and relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supports business partners where necessary in dealing with current and prospective clients.
- Develops appropriate data and analytics that deliver appropriate data to communicate risk at the executive level.
- Conducts IT Risk and Information Security due diligence activities relative to vendors and third parties. Conducts risk assessments and documents findings where the deviation from an information security or IT Risk policy or standard is desired.
- Creates risk remediation plans with business owners and follows through in the implementation of changes.
- Documents findings where deviations exist through internal or external testing.
- Develops internal control testing and documented processes.
- Updates internal control matrices where necessary to support annual changing environments.
- Adapts and creates processes as applicable, including changes in processes or reporting metrics.
- Executes as the conduit between internal control owners and external auditors, including kickoff meetings, interview requests, closing meetings, and evidence gathering.
- Executes internal customer audits which include scheduling, presentation of the Rackspace compliance portfolio, and overseeing the successful visit in conjunction with Account Managers.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures as directed. Conducts annual audits for industry specific reports, including ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, IRAP-AUS, Cyber Essentials+, NHS-DSP, SOC1, SOC2, SOC3, PCI, HIPAA, HiTrust, CyberGRX, SIG, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF.
- Mastery knowledge of IT General Computing Controls Strong knowledge of IT General Computing Controls.
- Functional knowledge gained through an IT Risk Management, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Information Security, Data Privacy, Vendor Management, and/or Business Continuity Management role in a global organization, professional services/consulting firm, or within a related industry.
- Working knowledge of IT network security, Data Center operations, build pipeline, and cloud infrastructure security.
- Strong knowledge of application and system vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Knowledge of basic system, network, operating system hardening techniques, and SDLC Development methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) principles and tenets (confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Strong knowledge of network architecture concepts including topology, protocols, and components. Knowledge of network communication protocols and directory services.
- Knowledge of network security architecture and risks associated.
- Knowledge of system administration concepts for Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of security policies and practices, including ISO 27001,Payment Card Industry (PCI), NIST 800-53 and other applicable frameworks.
- Familiarity with Vulnerability Scanners and Robot Process Automation.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing technologies and migration challenges.
- Ability to implement security controls, SCTMs. Technology/software sales, consulting, or equivalent skills.
- Ability to architect/deploy/operate solutions built on Multi Cloud Web Services.
- Ability to apply knowledge of vulnerability management, risk management assessment, and IA policy and procedures to develop, implement, and maintain a secure business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze and evaluate technical information.
- Advanced knowledge of IT auditing concepts.
- Experience with customer success and/or account management.
- Strong knowledge of compliance programs, policy management, Archer, security risk management, vendor risk management, and security awareness and education.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: