Supply Chain Manager
Coster UK is a multinational organisation (headquarters Milan, Italy) that manufacture and supply packaging components to the Aerosol and Luxury Packaging industry.
The Supply Chain Manager role is a key role in the business as challenges in Supply Chain continue to escalate and optimisation and efficiency has never been more important. The role covers all elements of the end 2 end supply chain including procurement, supplier relationship management, stock management, transport and logistics and customer service.
A key part of this role will be focused on the relationship management of the third-party warehouse which Coster UK utilise to manage raw materials and finished goods. This is in addition to managing the operation of the onsite warehouse in the Barlborough factory. As a key position holder, you will be responsible for ensuring overall supply chain cost competitiveness whilst ensuring on time delivery in full to Coster UKs expanding customer base.
To do well in this role the candidate must be a confident, forward thinking, and proactive individual with a “can-do” attitude. Experience in similar roles is sought as there is a significant focus on Inter-European logistics between Coster UKs European Sister Companies and Suppliers.
Key Role Objectives & Responsibilities:
* To lead a supply chain, production planning and warehouse team, to ensure capability to deliver business plans and targets.
* Driving customer service excellence and maintaining effective and consistent customer and supplier relationships
* Act as the Supply Chain lead in cross functional/customer projects to ensure that all developments include collaborative working which results in successful new implementations and ongoing service improvement
* Working as part of the Global Supply Chain Organisation executing global supply chain strategies & objectives locally within the UK business
* Participate in and lead specific projects on behalf of Coster Group and as part of the Global Coster Supply Chain team
* Relationship Management of third-party warehouse provider
* Raw Material procurement, ordering & relationship management
* Capacity planning/ forecasting of material & finished good requirements
* Transport & Distribution partner Management
* Customs & Duty Documentation and Management – Import & Export (Brexit)
* Working Capital & Days-on-Hand target achievement
* Customer On-Time-In-Full targets
* Close collaboration with Barlborough Factory Production Manager to ensure efficient production planning, material availability and stock optimization
* Build close operational partnership with other Coster Subsidiaries, Suppliers and key Customers
* Line management for Supply Chain Team (x3 Roles) and Warehouse operational team (x5 roles)
* Implement SAP following the migration of the existing MRP systems from JDE to SAP during 2021
* Demonstrable experience as a leader of a supply and distribution team ideally with exposure to an FMCG environment, experience to include development and execution of supply chain strategy
* Strong knowledge of Supply Chain procedures and practices including the fundamentals of inventory management and capacity management
* Experience of leading major projects and delivering change within medium sized organisation
* Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, experience in additional ERP business systems such as SAP is desirable
* Customs & Duties process (not essential, but willingness to learn and take responsibility for)Self-starter able to organise and priorities their own workloads with excellent time management
* You will value continuous improvement and personal development, being able and willing to pursue professional development opportunities
* A team player with strong personal values, showing integrity, an open mind and attentive listening skills
* Managing interpersonal relationships
* Confident communicator to internal and external stakeholders
* Willingness to travel if required
* Education to degree level or equivalent including supply chain qualifications
* Competitive salary
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
* Company pension scheme
We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.
We respectfully ask for no agency calls or emails under any circumstances