We are looking for an experienced Talent Manager to join our growing People team in Techmodal.
Reporting to the Head of People, the successful candidate will have the lead for employee development activities across the business, but will contribute to all areas of the employee lifecycle from recruitment to HR casework. They will work cross-business to develop our People and will contribute to a positive and creative business culture that helps to attract and retain skilled employees and creative thinkers. The Talent Manager will play an essential role in coaching individuals to take charge of their own development and will assist in creating learning pathways for employees at all levels.
The Talent Manager will be someone who has a real enthusiasm for working in a forward thinking People team and will be an individual who wants to help others in striving forward in their career. They will thrive on seeing others develop and will be keen to seek out new and innovative solutions. The Talent Manager will be responsible for managing the existing annual review process and will have an active part to play in helping others to develop and progress in their careers. As we are a small team, there will also be a requirement to engage in wider People activities, such as recruitment, retention, HR and culture. The wellbeing of our workforce is really important to us and the People team is critical to supporting with this. If you are someone who thrives on seeing others succeed and takes pride in watching individuals flourish in their career, then this is the role for you.
Only candidates who have live Security Clearance (or 5+ years’ UK residency in order to gain it) and relevant Learning and Development experience will be considered for the role and invited to interview.
The successful candidate will have:
* 5+ years’ experience of working in a generalist People or HR function
* Experience of identifying organisational needs and working with others in defining a plan of action that addresses skill gaps or future requirements
* Be comfortable working across capability areas in the business and possess great stakeholder management skills
* Have a solid background in the design, development and delivery of learning pathways, ranging from early careers to Senior Leadership Team level
* Experience in researching, designing and delivering on project work within the People environment
* Ideally be CIPD Level 5 qualified
* Knowledge of consultancy businesses and the Defence sector would be advantageous.
Remote working during Covid-19
We are closely monitoring government guidelines during the pandemic to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff. At present most of our teams are working from home and only travelling to the office and client site when appropriate. All new starters joining the business will do so on a ‘temporary remote’ basis until it is safe to return to the office and our usual working practices.
We have a shared work ethic to go above and beyond for our customers, but we also like to have fun and reward hard work. With our teams currently working remotely, we are doing everything we can to ensure staff wellbeing and to keep up our regular staff socials virtually.
Our selection of lifestyle benefits and perks are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is something to suit everyone:
* Competitive Salary
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Contributory Pension
* 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Additional day off for your Birthday
* Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional days Annual leave
* Private Health Insurance
* Life Insurance paying 4 x salary
* Option to join the BAE Share Incentive Plan
* Generous sick pay
* Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
* Cycle to work scheme
* Regular staff socials
* Free daily fruit in the office
No agencies please