Calling all Graduates!
Due to popular demand Reed Education are urgently recruiting for Cover Supervisors to work within local Secondary Schools within Lancashire and Cumbria.
Reed Education will be delivering a virtual training morning to all who are interested in working as a Cover Supervisor. No experience is needed. We are looking to provide paid experience in local schools to graduates who may be looking to become teachers or a support member of staff within a school.
We will be holding a virtual training morning which is free of charge in May Half Term. We will also be running numerous free sessions over the Summer break in July and August.
To be considered for the course, you will need to have the following:
- A keen interest in working within a secondary school setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to develop good professional relationships.
- Transferable skills.
- A friendly, professional, and confident manner.
- Availability to work 2 days per week as a minimum.
- Flexibility, this is a temporary role and therefore bookings will be offered as and when they are needed by the schools.
What is a Cover Supervisor?
Reed Education are the preferred agency providing cover for absent teachers within secondary school settings. These absences are either due to sickness or pre-arranged time off. As a Cover Supervisor your role will be to provide class cover for them. You will support and promote the development and learning of pupils within a classroom environment. All lessons will be set for you by the class teacher. You are not expected to teach in anyway – your main responsibility will be to ensure the classroom is managed correctly and all pupils complete the tasks which have been left for them. You will ensure that all pupils remain on task and will follow the school behaviour policies to promote good behaviour within the classroom.
Your role will include:
• Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
• Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
• Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
• Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
• Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
In return you can expect:
• Weekly pay offered at a competitive rate.
• Weekly pay through PAYE
• A specialist consultant with 6 years’ experience who will deal with you exclusively and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
• Access to CPD including Safeguarding training and PREVENT.
• Reed Benefits including access to various insurances and discounts.
• Access to our pension scheme.
All applicants are subject to five years’ worth of satisfactory references and a fully enhanced DBS check or DBS Update Check. We are happy to complete one for you at a cost of £40 (no admin fee charged), which is refunded in full after 20 days of work.
During these ever-changing times we are carrying out registrations remotely. If successful you will be asked to attend an online meeting to discuss the role and expectations in more detail.
Please contact Cal Wright for further details – we look forward to hearing from you!