T2M Resourcing are working with a client who have an opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the team. It is a busy transactional role, and you will be part of a small team reporting to the Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience in all areas of accounts in an exciting growing business.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger. Duties include inputting invoices, raising and matching purchase orders to invoices, reconciling supplier statements, supplier queries, processing payments, foreign payments and maintaining accurate supplier information on the ledger.
- Point of contact for regional teams and branches wanting information on Branch/Regional invoices.
- Ensuring all stock invoices are correctly booked in and chasing suppliers for credit requests.
- Other accounting duties - Working to tight month end deadlines invoices and purchase ledger invoices input, bank reconciliation, coding sundry payments, expenses and posting credit card statements.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the timely and accurate preparation of supplier payments whether by bacs, foreign payment transfer or manual cheques.
- Potential to expand role and gain additional experience in other areas - Intercompany postings, project work and ad hoc tasks.
To be successful as Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally hold or working towards an Accounting qualification e.g., AAT
- Previous experience of handling high volumes of invoices with the ability to process accurately
- Good organisational skills, able to manage a busy, varied workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Confident telephone manner to speak to branches and suppliers.
- Good IT skills including using accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn, take on new tasks and adapt to the needs of the department / business.
- Able to process accurately and correctly large volume of invoices
- Driven by results - Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards
- Effective communication - Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal
In return our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the genuine opportunity for career progression. If you are looking to springboard your career to the next level please apply immediately, stating your current salary and notice period.