£27,000 - £39,000 + Company van + 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
Do you want to join a business that looks after people and offers growth and progression?
Are flexibility, development, and autonomy important to you?
Do you want to work on exciting, forward-thinking projects and be recognised for your contribution?
Due to an exciting time of business growth; we have an opportunity for an experienced Biomass Engineer to deliver the installation and maintenance service - from the Midlands to North Scotland -to our clients to ensure we provide world-class service across all sites and projects.
Responsibilities for these positions include -
- Delivering support and services to our customers in commercial and industrial biomass boiler installation; servicing and heat/steam supply contracts; system modifications and extensions; troubleshooting and remedial works to failing installations
- Ensuring projects are delivered safely, on time, to the satisfaction of customers, profitably, and to the highest industry standards
- Keeping abreast of legislative, safety, and general industry developments and ensuring re:heat complies with and capitalises on these
- Assisting with the development and implementation of company procedures and policies
- Complying with Health and Safety responsibilities
- Reporting progress against an agreed set of targets for delivery of duties to the Operations Manager and other re:heat staff as required
- Undertaking further training as and when required
- Working with the Directors and other Engineering Team members to ensure a reasonable level of out-of-hours support is provided for key sites where biomass is the only source of heat
The successful candidate will have-
- Successfully completed a relevant further education course or job-specific technical qualifications
- Proven knowledge and experience in the wood energy sector in particular Biomass systems
- Experience in practical problem-solving in a time-critical environment, including both hydronic and electrical issues
- Experience in working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to provide a high-quality service
- Excellent communication, representational, persuasive, and negotiating skills
- Excellent people and customer management skills
- Confidence, energy, and commitment to excellence and quality with a bias for action
- Commitment to delivery to meet the needs of the business
A full driving licence is essential.
Our benefits -
- Company van
- 25 days holiday excluding Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private Healthcare Insurance scheme
- Free eye tests
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working
- £500 voucher for professional development
Interested? Apply now!
Closing date - 2nd December