Business Support Officer (Part-Time)
The Theatre Royal Plymouth is the largest and best-attended regional producing theatre in the UK.
As well as presenting an amazing range of shows, we are a registered charity, deeply committed to our community and to providing creative opportunities for people with different abilities and from all backgrounds.
We’re now looking for a part-time Business Support Officer to work across our two locations in Plymouth city centre and Cattedown.
- Salary of £20,696 (pro rata)
- Pension scheme
- 28 days’ holiday (pro rata) including Bank Holidays
- Great offers on shows
- Discounts with many local businesses
If you have administrative experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a key behind-the-scenes role in our incredible not-for-profit organisation.
Our mission is to create unforgettable memories for people from a range of backgrounds and embrace the vitality of diverse new talent, dynamically leading the city of Plymouth’s culture. Through your rewarding work, you will form the bedrock of this pursuit by providing administrative support to a range of departments.
Along with a comprehensive benefits package, you will receive ongoing mentoring and support to ensure you are confident and can grow in your role.
So, if you want to enable us to ensure that audiences, artists and participants of all backgrounds across the Southwest can access a lifetime of creativity, then read on as this is the role for you.
As a Business Support Officer, you will provide key administrative support to a variety of departments throughout the organisation at our two sites; Theatre Royal and our production and learning centre, TR2.
Focusing on the personnel aspects of our organisation, you will provide specific support to the HR Manager, the Executive Business Support Officer and the Recruitment & Training Advisor.
You will assist in preparing resources, book rooms for meetings and events and communicate with customers and business contacts.
In this varied and engaging role, you will also:
- Maintain an efficient and accurate digital filing system
- Arrange travel and accommodation and book rooms
- Monitor email inboxes for internal and external enquiries
- Signpost internal customers to appropriate solutions
- Act as a System Administrator for Cascade HR, our online HR system
To be considered as a Business Support Officer, you will need:
- Experience in an administrative role
- The ability to confidently work across all levels of an organisation
- Efficient diary management skills
- Proficient IT skills including MS Office
- An adaptable and flexible approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work proactively in a team and individually following your own initiative
This is a part-time role working 24 hours per week. We are happy to support a working pattern of either 12pm-6pm, Monday to Thursday or 10am-6pm, Tuesday to Thursday.
Other organisations may call this role Business Administrator, Business Support Assistant, Office Administrator, EA, Executive Assistant, PA, Personal Assistant, Office Assistant, Secretary, Admin Assistant, Receptionist, Admin Support Officer, or Administrator.
Webrecruit and Theatre Royal Plymouth, are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Business Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
The closing date for this role is the 28th November 2021.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications with which to create our shortlist.