We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant for a well regarded food producer on the outskirts of Plymouth.
This will be a 37.5 hour a week role. The salary is £17,850 per annum. This can be a temporary role or permanent for the right candidate.
Your main responsibility will be to maintain the Purchase Ledger system but you will also work closely with all departments including Sales Ledger, Goods-In and the Purchasing department.
The successful candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills, self-discipline, strong team working skills and an ability to work to monthly deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in a similar administrative role and possess strong IT skills. A working knowledge of Sage 200 would be advantageous, although not essential as training will be provided.
Main duties will include:
* Reconciliation of purchase orders to delivery notes/invoice/credit notes
* Processing invoices/credit notes/gaining sign-off for payment.
* Setting up supplier accounts
* Monthly supplier reconciliations
* Building trust and strong relations with suppliers via phone/email
* Processing supplier payment runs
* Bank Reconciliations
* Nominal Reconciliations
* Escalating issues and variances to the Finance Manager
* General office administration
* Complete ad-hoc tasks / projects
* Occasionally be holiday cover for the Finance Manager
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.