Welcome to this innovative modular housing organisation. The business employs approximately 250 people across a range of production, manufacturing and support functions. The organisation delivers design-led homes fit for 21st century living through a unique technology-enabled approach. They have a facility in Derby with offices in London and sites within the Midlands and South East of England. The award winning business has been operational since 2016 and is looking to increase capacity in the current location and has plans for expansion to a second site. It's a very exciting business!
They are implementing a second shift in their factory due to business growth and are recruiting motivational team leaders to deliver operational objectives. Their Team Leaders are hands on (you certainly won't be sat at a desk!). They know their products/production techniques and take an active role in operational activities. You will have experience of managing people, including sickness/absence management, delivering team briefs, managing performance reviews, implementing training. You will understand department KPIs and have a keen eye for problem solving.
- Managing small teams including performance management and coaching, absence management
- Used to delivering daily briefs/communication cells, ability to talk to all stakeholders constructively
- Problem solving - won't sit back and wait for someone else to do it! Will work to ensure things are completed and will be creative and collaborative but firm in style
- Working within fast paced environment - ensuring high quality product/customer service
- Lean Manufacturing or Construction background - ability to understand production schedules, deliver KPSs
- Salary of £25000 to £35000 depending on experience (we are happy to recruit junior managers and support development providing you can demonstrate behavioural attributes as described above) - the top end of the salary scale is for demonstrable and proven experience as manager in previous organisations.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension (AE scheme)
- Health insurance
- Group life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical illness cover
- Subsidised canteen
- Training and development opportunities including recognised apprenticeship schemes
Please upload your CV (as a PDF ideally). They conduct regular recruitment days on Thursdays so you can come and meet the teams and see their environment. A member of their recruitment team will call you to invite you to one of their events if they think you'd be a great skill for their environment!