Quality and Standards Specialist (IQA) Business Administration and Customer Service(Remote - Countrywide)
Are you curious, supportive and determined with a keen eye for detail, to continually improve assessment and verification processes? Do you have previous experience of standardisation and the ability to support a specialist subject area to meet and exceed awarding body requirements?
Here at Babington we pride ourselves on delivering robust training programmes across a variety of professional sectors nationally and are looking for an experienced Quality and Service Standards Officer. As a QSS you will be a fundamental part of the Quality and Service Standards team ad provide an exceptional service to all colleagues across the wider business with standardisation of assessment and verification practices.
If you have a passion for quality, a sound understanding of Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices and a willingness to work on a remote basis with travel across our national centres or designated region for your specialist subject area and want to be part of Babington’s journey of Developing Better Futures, then we want to hear from you!!
Summary of role
Standardisation of delivery, improvement of internal practice and raising quality across the group in line with external and regulatory requirements.
Brief summary of principle accountabilities
- Liaise regularly with the Quality and Standards Manager to continuously improve Assessment and verification processes and practice across the organisation in line with company strategy (IQA).
- Oversee Apprenticeship frameworks and necessary requirements per sector.
- Support the Quality and Standards Manager with annual Self-Assessment processes and outputs.
- Support a range of departments to ensure standardisation of assessment/verification practices.
- Attend regular IQA standardisation meetings.
- Co-ordinate assessment observation processes.
- Develop Assessment/Verification processes/practice throughout the organisation.
- Support a range of departments to meet awarding body requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert for your area of expertise.
Brief person specificationEssential (E) Desirable (D)
- Grade A-C GCSE in English and maths or equivalent (E)
- Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) (E)
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training or equivalent teaching qualification or willingness to acquire one (D)
- Level 2 Functional Skills qualification or equivalent (E)
- Level 3 Leadership and Management or equivalent qualification or willingness to acquire one (D)
Skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and educational environment working as an IQA and assessor
- Experience of quality assuring a range of assessment methods including on and offline assessment using e-portfolios and online/on demand testing
- Experience of Data/MI analysis linked to business improvement
- Experience of initiating, implementing and improving new working arrangements for qualifications assurance
- Experience of working in an educational environment and delivery of educational programmes
- Experience of supporting Ofsted inspections and Ofsted compliant activities
- Ability to deliver to agreed targets
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office particularly the Word, Excel and Outlook
Bupa Healthcare Cash Plan
25 Days annual leave plus Bank holidays
Additional annual leave purchase scheme
Employer Pension contribution
We are innovators in Education so why not apply now and join us in Developing Better Futures!