A fantastic opportunity has arisen for leading testing and inspection business based local to Derby who have asked me to recruit a Geotechnical Project Manager to join their team.
They have a really established senior management team who are experts within their industry, and they have graduate technicians who are eager and dependable.
But we need someone in the middle who is going to take the lead on geotechnical projects.
• Free onsite parking
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Competitive salary
• Enhanced pension
• EAP - Free, independent Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Working for a leading organisation that supports internal progression and promotion
The main purpose of this role is to work closely with clients including housing developers, local councils, groundworks contractors etc and provide the necessary support to achieve efficient lab and site testing of soils, aggregates and bituminous mixtures including end reporting.
Further duties include:
• Liaising with/reporting to the departmental manager as necessary on any issues or subjects needing attention, regarding maintaining quality of service
• Maintaining suitable and sufficient supplies of materials and consumables necessary for testing operations, ordering as required subject to approval from the departmental manager
• Ensuring that relevant items of test equipment is maintained/available in current calibration at all times, taking any necessary actions in this respect
• Ensuring suitable housekeeping of areas to maintain them in a suitably clean and tidy condition consistent with required testing conditions
The ideal candidate:
• Geotechnical experience with either a soils or aggregates bias
• Ideally will have some supervisory experience
• Working knowledge of BS1377, BS EN 17892 for soil testing and BS EN 12697 bituminous mixture testing
• Experience working in a UKAS accredited testing lab
• Knowledge of structural investigation and barrier testing
• Motivated, focussed and objective
• Can take the lead and set example to other staff
• Strong communicator to be client facing
Therefore if you have the required experienced above and want to work for a global, leading business, with a positive work culture and want to develop your career, then this is the role for you.
Do not hesitate and apply today