Acorn Recruitment is searching for a Logistics Manager to join our client, a manufacturing business based in North Yorkshire.
The purpose of the role is to take the lead in overseeing the transport fleet and logistical operation of the business to ensure that the business can deliver within business constraints as required.
This will include being responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and in the most cost-effective way. Management and scheduling of own fleet and 3rd party providers.
Key duties of the role include:
* Integration of own and 3rd party operators to ensure production output is maximised as efficiently as possible.
* Ensure inbound and outbound material planning and production scheduling is properly aligned and executed to facilitate optimised fleet running costs including driver hours.
* Negotiate rates and contracts with 3rd party providers and monitor service against performance criteria.
* Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
* To implement standards and systems that delivers best in class performance and compliance with all customer, statutory and regulatory requirements in fleet management, health and safety and environment.
* Develop, implement and control ongoing fleet replacement plans.
* Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
* Instigate process review and improvement exercises using available data to deliver best in class driver and fleet performance.
* Ensure good communication with stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate must:
* Have a proven background in a logistics/supply chain function with a comprehensive knowledge of the logistics processes and procedures.
* Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualified to operate own fleet. Thorough knowledge of complex fast moving Logistics operations.
* Have commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment.
* Have demonstrable experience of good people management and leadership skills.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary is negotiable and will be dependent on the level of experience to offer.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment