Due to continued growth and expansion of work and client base, our client are currently recruiting for an experienced and confident individual to support their Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager.
As an experienced Health and Safety Coordinator you will be required to:
- Producing, maintaining, and reviewing risk assessments (company and client’s site specific,
- Producing client site specific method statements for tenders’ contracts and remedial works etc.
- Managing hazards and making sure these are documented on the in-house system
- Conduct health, safety and environmental inspections of the company's facilities, and external sites, logging and tracking the metrics for these using a digital recording system.
- Provide health, safety and environmental inductions for the clients site, and liaising with clients to establish specific requirements for staff to access sites, ensuring online inductions and permits for client site access are carried out.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role (compliance, engineering, access equipment, plant, etc)
- Excellent and efficient communication skills (Experience in dealing with all levels of workforce, client base and other external bodies)
- An ability to pre-emptively support business requirements
- Organisational skills at the highest level and able to prioritise workload under pressure with tight deadlines
- IOSH certification or currently or working towards a NEBOSH certificate.
- Health, safety, environmental, and sustainability knowledge and experience (LOLER, PUWER,COSHH, WAH, Waste control, future projects using technology and innovation for business future growth)
- Internal auditing experience
- Confidence in general computer software such as MS Office, excel, power point etc.
What you can expect from the company and this role for this position
- £25,000 to £28,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications, with review after six-month probation period
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after 2 years and plus bank holidays.
- Support for training and career development provided.
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite free parking
- Friendly family orientated workplace
- Free medical support and advice line
If you believe you could be the confident and outgoing Health and Safety Coordinator who could join this exciting Engineering Company, then apply today!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.