Corporate Property Manager
West Northamptonshire Council are currently looking for a property professional for the role of Corporate Property Manager to join our Facilities Management of 100 people. The FM team provide a range of Soft FM services across our wide and varied portfolio. The role will be based at One Angel Square with the opportunity to work from home.
About the role
As Corporate Property Manager, reporting into the Facilities Manager, your role will be to monitor, review and maintain, by approval of expenditure for works and services, the council’s Corporate Property accommodation. You’ll also monitor, review and maintain by analysis and recommendation to the Facilities Manager, the council’s corporate facilities in a fit for purpose condition and in full compliance with health and safety legislation and associated regulations.
* To ensure full compliance with all aspects of the Health and Safety Act 1974 and associated regulations relating to the Council’s property facilities in order to protect the health and safety of staff, visitors and the public.
* To identify and achieve excellent relationships with all facilities management stakeholders, including property occupiers and visitors, contractors, suppliers and partners.
* To prepare a detailed activity-based budget for their areas of responsibility, including all facilities management contracts for works and services and the in-house facilities management team. To assess and approve the expenditure from those budgets, and to provide a monthly re-forecast based on detailed analysis of financial reports and expected future activity, in order to achieve a within-budget outturn.
* To achieve full compliance of all facilities management contracts for works and services for their areas of responsibility, including (but not limited to) cleaning, security, grounds maintenance, waste and pest control in order to ensure the availability and fitness for purpose of the facilities at all times. To monitor, review and record performance by formal and structured contract management procedures in order to achieve the highest standards of contractor performance.
* To organise and manage the in-house facilities management team, providing the direction, support and motivational necessary to achieve the Council’s objectives.
* To proactively develop new and existing policies and processes for the provision and management facilities services in order to meet evolving user expectations of headquarters accommodation