Based at our clients Holsworthy office, you will have responsibility for a rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting services and advice.
You will act as a second contact for those clients, in addition to the engagement partner, dealing with the delivery of ad hoc services throughout the year. Therefore, the ability to form relationships with clients and demonstrate knowledge and understanding beyond annual accounts is important.
In addition to the management of your portfolio, you will be required to prepare accounts for partnerships, sole traders and small limited companies. You will also have responsibility for the preparation of basic tax returns and the compilation of tax computations and may undertake the preparation of some VAT returns.
Holsworthy (with some travel)
* Take responsibility of a rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting services and advice and taking some client meetings.
* Deal with day-to-day client matters and liaise with a Partner on general issues and specific one-off projects.
* Manage the portfolio to ensure all deadlines are met including organising and overseeing the administration of the client portfolio to deal with billing and workflow.
* Assist with the day to day running of the department; mentor and train more junior members of the team; manage the overall workloads of the department.
* Prepare and review year end accounts and resulting income tax or corporation tax returns.
* Prepare and review VAT returns.
* Market the firm and help to bring in new clients as well as promoting added value services provided by the firm
* ACA/ ACCA part or fully qualified (or equivalent).
* Practice experience.
* Recent experience in agricultural sector accounting and/or small business accounting and working knowledge of personal and corporate tax.
* Able to demonstrate a genuine passion and interest in the rural sector.
* Able to demonstrate both the technical expertise in this field along with the additional competencies in client facing, business development ability and aptitude to progress in the firm.
* Able to act as a lead for colleagues