To manage a positive, purposeful and meaningful programme for residents in a healthy, safe and secure environment ensuring legislative, company and contractual standards are met at all times
Provide advice, coaching and support to staff in order to maximise the efficient and effective provision of Information and Learning services
1. Assist in the development and delivery of a wide range of activities, events and educational opportunities for residents to enable them to meaningfully occupy their time and meet contractual and company requirements.
2. Assist in managing the provision of a safe, secure and productive environment in which residents can access purposeful activities throughout their stay.
3. Promote the Information and Learning Centre activities, liaising with other departments, to ensure relevant activities are offered and uptake is optimised.
4. Develop links with appropriate external stakeholders to support resident engagement and activities within the Centre.
5. Deploy staff effectively and appropriately to ensure the smooth running of ILC services.
6. Coach and support staff development to maximise staff performance, motivation and contribution.
7. Manage and monitor staff on a day to day basis to ensure an effective Information & Learning programme is delivered in line with contractual obligations, legislation and company standards.
8. Organise and manage the provision of timely accurate data to meet all relevant standards.
9. Use all resources effectively to ensure quality of service and value for money.
10. Deal with queries and issues ensuring resolution or prompt escalation to ensure the safety, security and welfare of staff and residents.
11. Prepare for both scheduled and/or unannounced inspections and ensure that the provision is being managed and developed in line with the recommendations made by the client and HMCIP.
12. Undertake other managerial duties as required to ensure the smooth and effective running of the Centre