CSP Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the UK's largest Tray Wash service provider at their site in Bracknell.
As the Depot Site Manager, you will be fully responsible for overseeing all operational activities within the facility. You will have a proven track record of working in a similar position, ideally from a process manufacturing background
This is a permanent position working core hours of Monday to Friday days, but you will need to be fully flexible to attend site when required to support the business.
The salary on offer is up to £40,000 DoE
Main responsibilities for the Depot Site Manager:
Health and Safety:
* Health, Safety & Welfare of all colleagues who attend site. FTEs and flexible workers. Through detailed risk assessment and safe systems & training support and offer guidance to the site Safety Co-Ordinator to ensure all site safety documentation and activities are adequate & sufficiently available to employees and are within yearly review deadlines/dates.
* Support the site drive for proactive reporting of potential safety issues through the site near miss process and detailed rash map.
* Train, support and guide the sites key stakeholders with matters of accident investigation & reactive reporting when applicable.
* Support the company's insurance stakeholders with matters of employment claims. Providing sufficient evidence to negate the cost against our policy for claim remunerations.
* Proactively undertake documented safety walks with the site safety Co-Ordinator to ensure full compliance to all company H&S policies and follow up actions for any non-compliance.
* Communicate directly with any Government bodies regarding matters of Health, Safety & employee welfare, or site alleged non-compliance to UK Statutory Legislation.
* Chair daily planning meetings to review the previous 24 hours production and site performance. Address any issues or potential showstoppers and ensure the team plan for the following 24 hours period.
* Through direct reports, ensure operations are performing to a minimum of 95% efficiency.
* Consistently drive the sites Production by means of supporting problems and instigating improvement plans where necessary for any short falls in production efficiencies.
* Oversee the production planning and reports for the customer daily with the aim of all reports sent to the customer no later than 08:30hrs.
* Proactively audit daily reports to ensure any stock discrepancies are checked and corrected in a timely manner.
Quality & Ad-hoc Tasks:
As the Site Manager, you will be expected to guide, mentor, and drive the quality focus for the site.
Ensure successful audit results by means of internal auditing daily through the ad-hoc tasks team
Liaise with the sales team to help with customer order planning and generate wash plans accordingly , oversee QC results and submit to the senior members of management
Lead any customer complaint issues supporting the Shift Managers where necessary with root cause analysis and investigation.
Providing guidance on NCR's where required prior to sending to the customer.
Lead and support and outbound load errors providing guidance on NCR's where required prior to sending to the customer.
Visually inspect random pallets during loading process to ensure processes are followed, feed any concerns to the Team Leaders and Shift Managers
Regularly walk lines side and visually inspect product washed to ensure compliance to our QC process and guidelines. Feedback findings to Shift Managers.
Ensure site Quality Management process is followed and reviewed in line with the Sites BRC accreditation. Ensure all site-controlled documents are completed and files kept in an auditable manner.
Carry out self-auditing to ensure full compliance with the BRC protocols
Cost and delivery of site budget
Ensure Site Cost Budget is achieved.
Control daily request for Purchase orders, questioning each PO that is submitted and is it a necessary spend for the site. Ultimately sign off required items as necessary.
Own the site wash expenditure document. Update on a daily and weekly basis in a clear and legible manner.
Keep track of consumable spends and ensure weekly auditing takes place. Generate weekly reports to the senior management team
Control of overtime costs and temporary labour costs are controlled in line with budget.
Continuously support, mentor, and guide the team with individual task, projects and objectives
Ensure HR processes are followed in relation to any staffing issues and disciplinary events.
Any other ad-hoc to support the needs of the business, as and when required.
Experience & Background for the Site Manager:
Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the Logistics/Warehousing/Distribution industries with a strong knowledge of machinery maintenance
MUST have a background in engineering, ideally process manufacturing
A proven track record of HR/People Management including mentoring/coaching teams and ‘getting the best from your workers’
Strong communication skills, with a professional manner when facing key stakeholders.
PLEASE NOTE: you will be required to travel to their site at Milton Keynes for training prior to moving into the role at Bracknell.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now and Janine at CSP will give you a call