Duty Manager – Luxury Retirement Village
Mount Battenhall is a luxury retirement village for over 60s, developed by Enterprise Retirement Living. The Village is a collection of 19th century Grade II and Grade II* Victorian buildings originally constructed from 1863 onwards. The Victorian buildings have undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment and the site has now been enhanced by the addition of the first modern residential Villa. Later Villas and buildings will be added taking the site to 132 apartments in total.
In addition to the Owners apartments, leisure facilities include Spriggs Restaurant, Allsopps Bar, extensive lounge spaces, hair and beauty salon, and a gym with studio space.
The Role - Duty Manager
We are seeking 4 experienced Duty Managers to take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the Village and provide our Owners with the highest level of service.
Your duties will include:
* Ensuring comfort and wellbeing of Owners is at the forefront of Mount Battenhall’s daily activities
* Managing a team of colleagues including General Assistants, Chefs and a Handy Person
* Co-ordinating building maintenance and carrying out health and safety checks
* Working with the General Manager to develop and manage a quality hospitality offering
* Developing, planning and executing events for Owners and to support property sales
* Supervising events
* Deputising for the General Manager in their absence
You will be working on a rolling shift pattern as follows:
* Day 1 – 9am to 5pm
* Day 2 – 4.30pm to 10.30pm – Sleepover until 7.30am
* Day 3 – 7.30am to 9.30am
* Day 4 - Off
As a Duty Manager, you’ll be employed on a permanent contract and will receive a salary of £17,675 for working an average of 28 hours per week.
In addition, there will be 7 sleepovers per month (for which sleepover allowance will be payable) working a shift pattern to cover a 24/7 rota.
There are additional hours to cover colleagues’ annual leave entitlement. With the additional hours and sleepovers, an annual salary of circa £22,000 to £24,000 is achievable.
Benefits include a pension scheme, social activities and a luxurious working environment. You’ll be part of a company with a real family ethos, where you’ll be more than just a number but a valued member of the team.
Our Requirements - Duty Manager
* Proven experience in a customer focused environment such as retail or hospitality
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrable experience of providing service which exceeds the customer expectation
Although not essential, previous leadership experience gained within a customer focused environment is preferred, however applications are welcome from those wanting to progress to management level who have leadership experience in other aspects of their life e.g. volunteering.
This is a fantastic role for a retail or hospitality professional who wants to improve their work life balance.
More about ERL
Enterprise Retirement Living (ERL) develop award-winning retirement villages and communities to provide vibrant and supportive living for the over 60s to live in a secure and independent manner. We are part of Enterprise Property Group Limited (EPGL), an award-winning national developer with over 30 years’ experience in delivering high quality homes built to an excellent specification and whose schemes have included historic and heritage, urban and retirement developments.
How to Apply
All applications for this Duty Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
First stage interviews for this role will take place w/c 20th December. Second stage interviews will take place w/c 3rd January. The anticipated start date for this role is 14th February 2022