DHL Global Forwarding UK are currently looking for a Head of Customs and Trade Compliance to lead their fast and dynamic Customs Team. This is a remarkable opportunity to join one of the world’s largest freight forwarding companies with an exceptional reputation globally.
We provide a competitive salary, based on experience, along with a generous bonus scheme and car allowance. As well as this, you will have access to an extensive range of DHL company benefits. Please note, you will be required to travel to our Hayes office 1-2 days a week.
Your role as a Head of Customs and Trade Compliance
You will be responsible for leading and developing a team that is compliant in adhering to all Customs regulations and ensures our customers get a service that goes above and beyond. Additional responsibilities will include managing the P&L, product development and identifying new commercial growth opportunities within the customs department.
There are three key areas to being a successful Head of Customs and Trade Compliance:
- Market Knowledge: Understanding the Customs market, being up to date with documentation requirements and the latest legalities. You will also need to be well connected within the industry, keeping up a good reputation.
- People Management: Leading the team by example and providing exceptional people management skills to all levels. Direct reports include an Ops Manager and 5-6 Section Leaders.
- Commercially Focused: Overseeing the customs product P&L including growth and tracking to budget. Proactively network utilising existing contacts and spotting new business opportunities.
About you - you will need
- Extensive experience in a Freight Forwarding Customs environment or similar
- Proven leader who has a track record of successful people management
- Professional and focused approach with the ability to engage at a senior level Exceptional customer rapport building skills with strong communication with your team and external stakeholders
- Great attention to detail and understanding of the importance of compliance
Benefits & Perks:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays in lieu
- A generous pension through the DHL Group Retirement Plan
- Life assurance for pension scheme members - up to 4x salary
- Health club membership discounts and eye care discounts
- Access to DHL Advantages - a wide range of offers on leading brands, everything from mobile phones to days out and supermarket shopping
- Reward and Recognition programmes including employee of the month/year, long service awards and CEO awards
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Charity and volunteering support through DHL Foundation
- Annual reviews to identify your potential for further development and progression
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company recognised as a Top Employer and pride themselves at putting their people first so Apply Today.
The company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.