Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for three driven and committed Security Officer to join their team. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £17,613 per annum (Inclusive of shift allowance £20,100).
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
The College Security Officer Role
Reporting to the Security Manager you will be part of a close-knit shift working team responsible for the delivery of customer focused security that prioritises the safety of staff, students, visitors, buildings, grounds and assets.
Our Uniformed Security Officers are welcoming, approachable, supportive, vigilant, and visible.
Duties are varied and include:
- Locking/unlocking of premises, setting up rooms where requested
- Patrolling College grounds with a body worn camera
- Operation of Intruder & Fire alarm systems, CCTV and control room including call handling, keeping accurate records in the daily security log, issuing keys
- Responding to incidents, dealing with emergency services as required, flagging security breaches
- Reporting defects and repairs to the estates department helpdesk
- Cash handling within and across sites, operating the post room franking machine, distributing and collecting mail, parcels and other goods across premises and as directed
Normal working week shift patterns are Monday-Friday, no overnight/weekend shifts. Overtime paid when providing out of hours cover for evening events staged at the College
No SIA license is required for this role
We would particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Benefits will include:
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date for Security Officer applications: 17/11/2021
Please note, this job avert may close early if sufficient applications have been received.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Security Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.