Purchasing Administrator job in Poole
Dovetail Recruitment are working with a client based in Poole who is looking for a Purchasing Administrator to manage one of the company’s biggest client accounts.
As the Purchasing Administrator, you will be responsible for raising purchase orders in a timely manner ensuring the correct balance between service levels / stock availability and value of stock holding / stock turn.
This Purchasing Administrator job is a challenging and varied role as it is working within a very busy environment. You must be able to multitask, work under pressure and to deadlines and you will need to be commercially minded and confident to negotiate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the company Environmental Policy.
- Use the correct IT / system and processes when carrying out your duties as per the training guides and procedures, ensuring all problems are highlighted to your line manager.
- Support in maintaining the global key performance indicators (KPI’s) by meeting and exceeding the company targets set for the individual activities.
- Review all relevant purchasing information daily and make decisions on quantities to order.
- Place purchase orders with in a timely and efficient manner ensuring departmental targets are achieved.
- Raise transfers, when necessary, between depots.
- Ensure supply partners provide purchase order acknowledgments and update the company computer system with relevant delivery information such as due date and quantities.
- Monitor the progress of purchase orders and communicate changes in due dates to the wider business.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure delivery dates are maintained.
- Provide the necessary information and paperwork to support import / inbound purchase orders.
- Provide supplier performance data (Supplier Discrepancies & late deliveries) to the wider business.
- Schedule large deliveries and provide the operations team with accurate delivery information.
- Respond to requests from other functions (Customer Service, Accounts, and Operations) in a timely and efficient manner
- Act as administration support for "category managers" and "supplier and product data officer".
- Carry out any other additional duties that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Confident user of Microsoft systems including Excel
- Able to work with a variety of teams and departments
- Excellent customer service
- Data driven
- Experience with MRP or able to pick it up
- Commercial awareness
- Process orientated
- Salary £26,000
- Hours - 42.5 hours a week 08:00 - 17:00
- Free onsite Parking
- 20 days holidays + bank holidays
This position of a Purchasing Administrator would suit candidates with previous fulfilment, Warehouse, distribution, logistics, or experience with purchasing.
If you are interested in this Purchasing Administrator role, please click on apply now.
Alternatively, please visit our website to see our similar roles.