Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets.
Interested in this role You can find all the relevant information in the description below.
Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor components, each custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services.
Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world.
DPC is part of the Pumps & Process Solutions segment of Dover Corporation.
*The Dover Precision Components Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate financial records are maintained and compliance with statutory and tax reporting requirements are met.
The role will support the Assistant Controller, Europe and coordinate with key stakeholders such as Site Finance Managers, Dover Business Services (“DBS” which is Dover’s shared service organisation), internal and external auditors, and other professional firms.
The role may suit a first move from Practice into industry, or a candidate wishing to build on past working knowledge of Controls and the Control Environment.
** Actively monitor and maintain the Control Environment for DPC EU sites in all areas including but not limited to Inventory, Import & Export, and Taxation
* Support internal and external audits (including those by HMRC)
* Support accurate corporation tax reporting
* Support Site Finance Managers to ensure accuracy of financial statements and adherence to month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes
* Prepare account reconciliations as assigned
* Apply technical knowledge and judgement to manage special projects as required
* Independently evaluate, recommend, and implement changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounting department in a continuous improvement environment
* Help ensure procedures and controls are operating as designed to comply with Dover Core Internal Controls (CIC), internal/external audits and with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
* Build and maintain relationship with DBS and business stakeholders, providing a point of escalation to resolve any complex issues
** Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS) with minimum 2 years post qualifying experience
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
** Ability to perform with limited supervision making use of experience and judgement
* Ability to adopt new challenging directions and influence others to follow
* Ability to build & maintain relationships at all levels
* Ability to work independently under time constraints and to daily deadlines
* Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills
* High attention to detail
* Experience in a multi-currency environment
* Prior experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Syteline, Oracle etc.
* Current working knowledge in areas such as US-UK GAAP, UK Corporation Tax and Auditing highly desirable.
Travel, including overnight, approximately 0-5%.Job Types: Full-time, PermanentPay: £43,000.00-£47,000.00 per yearSchedule:
* Monday to FridaySupplemental pay types:
* Yearly bonusApplication question(s):
* Will you require a visa to work in the UK now or in the future?Reference ID: 45260