Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Finance Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Finance Office (CFO) processes millions of transactions a month that enable us to interact efficiently with our suppliers, customers, trading partners and regulators. We make sure that the Company is properly funded and well controlled, that our taxes are paid and that shareholders and banks continue to support our plans. Our commercial teams help ensure that the business takes sound decisions through robust planning, careful pricing, sound contracts, skilled procurement and rigorous evaluation of every major business decision.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will involve working closely with and supporting the Group Statutory Reporting Manager across a number of areas:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
· Support the completion of the local statutory accounts, ensuring they are filed on time and they can be reconciled to the group consolidation system.
· Support the completion of three sets of consolidated financial statements, ensuring they can be reconciled to the group consolidation system, are of high-quality, and are completed in time for our stakeholders.
· Support the group audit process, working with the external audit team, provided them with high quality information and ensuring the audit is completed on time.
· Support the review of new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them.
· Provide best in class technical accounting advice to the business through written technical accounting papers.
· Support the identification and mitigation of accounting risks across the Group
· Support ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including the Exec, Treasury, Tax, FP&A, IT, Legal, and HR.
Finance team development
· Be an active part of the Group Finance team, support the development of a professional, high performing function.
· Coach and develop junior financial accounting and reporting team members
Knowledge and Skills:
· Professional accounting qualification (ACA or overseas equivalent)
· Big 4 experience (PwC, KPMG, Deloitte or EY)
· 1 – 2 years post qualified experience preferred, but for exceptional candidates will consider newly qualified
· Management or supervisory experience
· Excellent knowledge of IFRS and UK disclosure requirements
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
· Experience with complex consolidations in a multinational company environment, including working together with international colleagues
· Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v look ups etc.)
· Flexible, hard-working and results oriented
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience of SAP and/or Adaptive Insights would be an advantage but is not essential
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do