*Job Title * English into Japanese Translator
Ready to make your application Please do read through the description at least once before clicking on Apply.
*Location* Cambridge (United Kingdom)
Some relocation assistance may be provided.
*Contract Type* Permanent, full-time, in-house
Our lovely team is looking for a new colleague: a dedicated translation professional, an all-rounder who can competently handle a variety of linguistic tasks: translating user interfaces, error messages, Help desk materials, product descriptions, web-content, press releases and subtitles for videos. If you have copywriting talent as well, you might be writing blogs for our clients, not just translate them! Successful candidates will be passionate about translating, have good time management skills, be curious and interested in IT, technology – and the world!
· Translate a variety of text types and subject matters
· Review, post-edit machine-produced translations
· Terminology research
· Create and maintain translation memories
· Create and maintain style guides
· Occasional meetings with client contacts
· Occasional visits to clients for product demos, briefings…
· Translators must master the target language at mother-tongue level
· Cultural awareness
· Translation qualification and min. 3 years of experience
· Willingness to learn new things and to go the extra mile
· Ability to review work of others, edit and provide feedback
· Ability to work under pressure without impacting quality
· Good time management, versatility
· Professional approach and commitment to quality
· Able to work autonomously as well as within a team
· Good eye for detail and ability to pay attention to multiple references
*Optional, but welcome skills*
· Familiar with MemoQ and Trados, Smartling
· Ability to translate/transcreate marketing-type messages
· Experience translating for the e-commerce and finance sector
· Optional: Ability to translate from another source language
Alpha has been at the forefront of the translation, localization and now globalization industries since 1987, and is now a Global Top 10 Localization Provider. We’ve built an in-house production model for the world’s most demanding companies.
Alpha is a warm, lively and welcoming firm with over thirty nationalities represented in its sixteen offices. Every individual adds their own personality to our culture, and allows us to paint a bright, vivid and multi-faceted picture of the world, in micro, in each place. In the end, being part of the team is about more than work.
We service an impressive range of internationally known clients in various sectors.
*How to apply*
Send CV with letter of motivation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Company events
* Flexible schedule
* On-site parking
* Referral programme
* 8 hour shift
* In 1-2 sentences, please describe how your previous experience is relevant to this role? Why are you a good fit for this job?
* What about this role excites you and made you want to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.
* Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Cambridge (UK) for this job?
* Translation: 2 years (preferred)