Are you looking for an opportunity to really stretch your potential? Are you looking for a challenge within a fast-paced, growing business with a strong presence in their market?
We are currently working with a thriving & innovative business based in Harrogate (with hybrid working) who have a rare opportunity for a driven Management Accountant to support and drive performance across all aspects of month end and management account preparation.
The role will involve taking ownership of stakeholder queries relating to properties financial accounts and a detailed analysis of the P&L prior to the review of the Senior Management Accountant, Finance Manager and Director. Excellent communication skills, accuracy, commercial acumen, efficiency, and an eye for detail are essential. With the company growing, the responsibilities of the role will develop in-line with any future structural changes.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include:
* To ensure the monthly management accounts of properties are prepared to 1st draft review to SMA and submitted within agreed timescales
* Taking a lead on the accounting side of accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, and relevant reconciliations
* Ensure the company payroll posting are accurate vs budget figures
* Ownership of the financial processing and reporting in relation to the central project function
* Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and action follow ups
* Responsible for creating accounts preparation efficiencies. Movement from transactional based accounts process to more automation
* Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness
* Production and development of property accounting packs, and review of submissions from Operations
* Responsible for preparing specific client monthly reconciliations for review
* Primary contact for internal accounting queries for properties
* Attendance at monthly financial management reporting meetings with relevant operational stakeholders and developing relationships with key stakeholders
* Developing Inter Relationships/Understandings with the client facing accounting functions
* To support on the annual external audit
* To support in the production of the annual property budgets
* To support and maintain best practice regarding GDPR
* To be committed to continuous improvement within the finance department and reporting
* Support on ad-hoc tasks and reporting
* To keep up to date with industry initiatives to enable best practice to be adopted at all times
To be successful for this role you MUST have the following attributes: -
* AAT Accounting Qualification or studying towards a Professional Accounting Qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a relevant Accounting/Finance Function
* Experience in designing and implementing automated reports/processes
* Good organisational skills and can work in a methodical manner
* Time management skills
* Proven track record in all areas of accounts
If you meet the criteria for this role and are interested in applying - please do not hesitate to contact Sophie Hodgson to discuss.