Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 pro rata per annum DOE
Hours: 30 hours a week, flexible on days/times to suit individual
Are you an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk? Are you seeking a new role with reduced hours of 30 per week to suit your lifestyle? Do you have practical experience of dealing with a large number of codes? If so, this might be the role for you.
Flowers Associates are working with a growing manufacturing SME business with an annual turn over of £6.7 million who are seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a reduced hour basis to support the Finance team, taking ownership of all purchase ledger duties, and reporting to the Finance Manager.
Responsible for recording the liabilities to suppliers for the business, getting co-operation from internal and external contacts to be able to process documentation and ensure that the business pays liabilities at the right intervals.
The successful Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for but, not limited to the following duties:
· Record accurately and efficiently the liabilities due to suppliers in the group’s systems
· Obtain appropriate authorisation on supplier invoices to enable payment
· To draw up payment proposals (with supporting documentation) for review and process these once approved – across multiple currencies and banking systems as the group requires
· To request and reconcile supplier statements at appropriate intervals to ensure completeness of records
· To record and analyse carrier and postage invoices for allocation across business units/ sectors (coding) before invoices are posted on NAV
· To record accurately stock invoices in preparation for payment in line with the schedule
· To professionally handle supplier queries and other queries directed to the Finance team
· To maintain efficient document flows and systems to ensure that items are processed as efficiently as possible
· To process credit card expenditure through the portal and process manual personal expenses checking the cost and VAT split against receipts, and to chase and escalate any overdue costs
The ideal Candidate:
Will have extensive purchase ledger experience with high attention to detail, strong organisational skills and be a professional communicator. The ideal Purchase Ledger will have the ability to deal with a large number of codes and have excellent Microsoft Excel skills. If you have the ability to understand and prioritise your own workload within a 30 hour a week role then this could be the role for you.
· Pro rata Holidays: 20 days, 4 days for Christmas shut down and bank holidays
· No hybrid working available
· Workplace Pension
Rough Location Information:
· Roughly a 2.5-mile drive from Leicester City Centre
· Accessible by public transport