Elevation Accountancy & Finance are currently working with a successful Consumer Durables business based in Rotherham, as they look to recruit a full time, Assistant Accountant initially on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract, as they look to grow their busy finance team.
This is an extremely interesting and varied opportunity for a strong Accounts Assistant to take their next step in to a more challenging accounts role with exposure to areas such as month end and assisting with management accounts preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include, but aren't limited to:
* To perform, manage and assist with month end task in line with team expectation based around overhead management
* Perform own balance sheet recs and manage collection of full finance teams BS recs
* Post month end reporting
* Supplier verification of bank details for AP team
* Coding Invoices as required
* Post intercompany transactions and agree balances on a monthly basis with other Subsidiary Companies
* Collate information used for regular VAT filings
* Ad hoc work outside of month end to assist with finance administration and help improve or reduce time taken to perform tasks and resolve issues
* Studying towards ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Ideally Degree educated (minimum 2:1) in a relevant financial discipline
* Strong finance background, highly analytical individual with good business analysis skills
* Previous experience of working in a Group environment and managing intercompany transactions
* Working with others to achieve goals and delivering them in a changing environment
* Maximising potential in self and others
* Communicating with influence
* Organising and planning skills
If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the opportunity in more detail - please don't hesitate to contact Matt Goddard today!
Elevation Recruitment group is a specialist division focusing on the recruitment of talented Accountancy & Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees to post qualified accountants