A well established and highly profitable business located in the Castleford area of West Yorkshire, is looking to appoint a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their growing finance team. The organisation has grown significantly in the last few years both organically and through a number of acquisitions which has seen both their recruitment levels and company turnover increase significantly.
We are looking for self-starters who will welcome the excitement and challenge of joining a fast growing and developing team. You will have proven accounts administration experience, preferably within sales ledger, possess strong IT skills with Microsoft Office, have strong communication skills and be a good team player who is good at developing relationships and have a strong attention to detail.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
* Issuing and recording of sales invoices to Third Parties following approval
* Issuing and recording intercompany sales invoices, including pass through invoices
* Ensuring automated invoices are being accurately processed and supporting reconciliation of SAGE balances to Clarity (in-house system)
* Support the preparation of billing run process and allocate receipts to customer accounts
* Working closely with Credit control and Sales Delivery to ensure customer invoicing is accurate with correct tax applied
* Assistance with maintaining up to date billing cycles of accrued income where applicable for certain parts of the business (e.g. staged payments, installations, larger projects)
* Ensuring accrued income is processed in line with Service Delivery reporting and KPIs
* Maintaining and building relationships with customers
* Liaising with budget holders/managers to validate invoices
* Timely responses to customers in relation to any queries
* Reconciling customer billing statements
* Raising discrepancies through the appropriate channels ensuring transparency throughout the organisation
* Reviewing and developing sales processes and controls.
On offer is a competitive salary with excellent benefits working for a growing business that is able to offer job security